Friday 28 September 2012

School Holidays mmmm...

I'm not sure about you,  but I love and hate school holidays.  We get a sleep in, there's no great rush in the mornings.... but then if you're getting up late you just don't seem to get much done in the day.
I always have BIG plans (like sewing and maybe getting the kids to tidy their rooms) but they all seem to fall by the wayside as I struggle with housework and spending some quality time with my children.  The first day of the holidays we made 4 lots of different coloured playdough - there was flour everywhere!  and by the time I sent them outside to play with the playdough (which they did for only half an hour) I was still cleaning up the kitchen for the next project - lunch!  

 
We made some very yummy pizza scrolls, and vegemite and cheese scrolls for lunch.  We had Pink Lemonade with it, which oddly enough was lemon lime flavour? 
 
 
We also made jelly in oranges. I have been wanting to try this out for a while and as you can see, I finally did.  I've seen it done so many times in rainbow colours for kids parties and it looks great, however there must be a trick to cutting them once the jelly is set as my jelly kept getting squished, maybe my knife wasn't sharp enough to cut the orange neatly? Let me know if you have any hints or tips on this one.
 
So anyway, till next time!
 
Heidi
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment